Assistant Resident Director - M.Ed. Higher Education Administration and Policy
M.Ed. Higher Education Administration and Policy Applicants – Fall 2020 Admission
The Graduate School of Education has partnered with UC Riverside’s Residential Life to actively recruit 12 Assistant Resident Director (ARD) positions for the 2020-2021 academic year. This opportunity is open for a limited time to individuals who apply to the GSOE’s M.Ed. Higher Education Administration and Policy program for Fall 2020 admission.
To qualify for an ARD position, M.Ed. applicants must submit an online graduate application and pay the fee no later than February 1, 2020. All application materials (three letters of recommendation and transcripts) must be submitted by February 15, 2020. Read more about the M.Ed. admission and application requirements here.
Parameters of ARD position
- Assistant Resident Director (ARD) positions are specialized in leadership, academics, staffing, and general.
- The GPA requirement is 3.0 in junior/senior years of the bachelor’s degree at the time of application (this is the GPA requirement for the M.Ed. program).
- Applicants should have worked in a Housing/Residential Life department, been involved in a student housing organization executive board or Student Life department for one year to be eligible for an ARD position, or are a graduate student with an interest in Higher Education and/or Student Affairs.
- Compensation is room/board, $550 monthly stipend (most ARDs have a 1-bedroom apartment).
Timeline for ARD application
- Application for ARD position opens: November 18, 2019
- Application for ARD position closes: January 14, 2020
- Mandatory interview day: February 7, 2020
- Hiring decisions: February 28, 2020
To learn more about the ARD positions, RSVP for the information session:
- January 8th @ 2:30pm in Sproul Hall room 1224
To gain access to the online ARD application, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with you first and last name, and email address.
Start your ARD and M.Ed. application today!
Note: Admission to the M.Ed. program is required for the ARD position. Conditional employment offers may be extended until final M.Ed. admission decisions are made.