Education Minor Overview
Enhance Your College Major by Learning to Train Others
No matter what your college major, you can increase your marketability as a professional by adding an Education minor to your degree. The Education minor offered at UC, Riverside, equips you with the ability to share information with others and enhances your abilities to work effectively with diverse populations.
The Education minor does not lead to a teaching credential, but some of the courses can be applied toward a Teacher Education Preparation program. Courses deal with educational policy, the history of education, workings of schools, and a range of other related educational topics. You will gain a solid grounding in human development and cognition as well as best teaching practices in a variety of subject areas.
How do I apply?
If you are interested in enrolling in the undergraduate program, please attend an information session before meeting with the Undergraduate Programs Academic Advisor, Liliana Aguayo.
Information Session Schedule
Major and Minor Programs in Education, Society, and Human Development
Walk In:(10-minute responses or petitions)
Mondays and Thursdays
Please note: Walk-in hours will resume on Thursday, April 5th.
2:00p.m. to 4:00p.m.
Sproul Hall 1124
If you are unable to attend, or need to schedule another appointment, email your availability to email@example.com
Highlights of the Education Minor Program
- Complete an Education minor that requires only 24 units of college credit (six courses). At least 16 units must be upper-division courses, and no more than 8 lower-division units may be used toward the Education minor.
- Study with renowned world-class faculty members that include two Spencer Fellows and nationally recognized experts in autism and learning disability research.
- Have the opportunity to engage in fieldwork in local schools and the community, if desired.
- Create an Education minor that meets your career goals through your selection of elective courses.
- Have an opportunity to participate in educational research that can make a difference in schools, student learning, and the community.
- Learn about best practices and the latest findings in educational research.
- Gain an understanding of the education field without making it your college major.
Education Minor Program Curriculum
- Education Minor Courses 2017 - 2018
Petition Form: Minor in Education -   Program needs to be petitioned with the Education Minor Academic Advisor,
no less than TWO (2) QUARTERS PRIOR to starting your last academic quarter. To petition, at least (2) two Education Minor courses must have passing
letter grades. The Minor petition should be processed and must appear on your degree audit prior to submitting your College Graduation Application
(application window opens during your last quarter course registration period – consult with your College office for deadlines).