Educational Psychology MA
A Research-Focused Master's that Prepares You for Educational LeadershipThe UCR Graduate School of Education is the only school in the University of California system to offer an Educational Psychology MA and PhD program. Whether you are interested in a career in educational research, going on to a PhD program, or assuming a position of leadership in a school district, UCR's Educational Psychology master's program is the perfect springboard to your future.
With its location in the heart of an ethnically diverse region of inland Southern California UCR is able to offer an Educational Psychology master's program that is rich in educational research opportunities giving insight into some of today's most pressing educational challenges. As a result, through the master's program you will gain a solid background in research methods and be able to use them to gather and analyze data for educational research projects with multi-million dollar funding.
Highlights of the MA Educational Psychology Program
- Choose between two program structures:
- Plan I – Write a master's thesis. Complete a minimum of 36 upper division and graduate units. At least 24 of these units must be graduate courses and a maximum of 12 units may be earned by taking EDUC 297 and/or EDUC 299 graduate research courses.
- Plan II – Take a comprehensive exam. Plan II students must complete a minimum of 36 upper-division and graduate units in Education and related fields. At least 18 units must be for completing graduate courses. No credit will be given for graduate research courses (EDUC 297 and EDUC 299).
- Attend classes that meet in the late afternoon and evenings to accommodate the schedules of working professionals.
- Be a part of a program that is ideally suited for those with an undergraduate background in education, psychology, or a related discipline.
- Complete your Educational Psychology master's degree in one full year of study.
- Study in the UCR Graduate School of Education, which U.S. News and World Report ranked among the best in California.
- Gain research expertise and in-depth knowledge of today's educational challenges from professors who include endowed Chairs, distinguished professors, and editors of prominent professional journals.