Higher Education Administration and Policy MEd
Prepare to Work in Higher Education or Pursue a PhD ProgramUCR’s master’s degree in Higher Education Administration and Policy gives you the background you need to enter a career in a college or university. It is also an excellent way to prepare for doctoral studies. You must hold a bachelor’s degree to enter this master’s program though no previous background in education is required. The Higher Education Administration and Policy master’s program is a non-research degree that includes nine courses and culminates in the creation of an analytical report that integrates the content of courses to address a problem faced by the educational community.
You will study with highly experienced, award-winning faculty with broad international experience who are able to shed new light on the issues surrounding educational policy, social justice, equity, and other institutional concerns faced by colleges and universities. By the time you complete your graduate degree, you will be able to satisfy most employment requirements to hold an administrative or student affairs position at a college or university.
Highlights of the Higher Education Administration and Policy MEd Program
- Complete this master’s program in 1 ½ to 2 years of study.
- Take 36 graduate level units to earn the Higher Education Administration and Policy MEd.
- Attend classes that meet in late afternoon or evening to accommodate the schedules of working professionals.
- Complete an analytical library research report that integrates knowledge gained from your higher education courses to address a challenge faced by the educational community.
- Be a part of small classes where you get to know your professors well.
- Take most of your courses from the Graduate School of Education, but you may also take one or two classes from the social sciences or a related professional field.