Single Subject or Multiple Subject Teaching Credentials
UC Riverside's teacher credential program prepares aspiring educators to serve schools through a social justice, community engaged framework. The Single Subject or Multiple Subject Credential Only program is a great option if you only want to complete requirements for a California teaching credential without earning a master's degree. The single subject and multiple subject programs are full time post-baccalaureate cohort programs that begin in the summer quarter.
Multiple Subject Teaching Credential prepares you to teach in an elementary school setting.
Single Subject Teaching Credential prepares you to teach in middle school and high school setting in one of the following five subjects: English, Mathematics, Social Science, Science (Biology, Chemistry, Geoscience, Physics, and Foundational Science), and World Languages (Spanish).
- Tuition approximately $18,120. Scholarships and financial aid available
- Full-time program beginning in the summer
- Field and practicum experiences completed at assigned school sites with partnering school districts during the day
- Late afternoon and evening classes on the UCR campus
- Baccalaureate degree from an accredited institution
- A minimum 3.0 GPA based on the last 90 quarter units in the baccalaureate program
- Passage of Basic Skills and Subject Matter requirements
- Three letters of recommendation
- Official degree posted transcripts
Apply by the priority deadline of January 18, 2019 and automatically qualify for scholarships if admitted!
- $3000 automatic Dean's Scholarship for Fall 2019 students admitted into teacher education programs
- $5000 automatic scholarship for Fall 2019 students admitted to Chemistry and Physics Single Subject Credential Only (students who receive this are not eligible for Dean's Scholarship)