Single Subject or Multiple Subject Teaching Credentials
UC Riverside's teacher credential program prepares aspiring educators to serve schools through a social justice, community engaged framework. The Single Subject or Multiple Subject Credential Only program is a great option if you only want to complete requirements for a California teaching credential without earning a master's degree. The single subject and multiple subject programs are full time post-baccalaureate cohort programs that begin in the summer quarter.
Multiple Subject Teaching Credential prepares you to teach in an elementary school setting.
Single Subject Teaching Credential prepares you to teach in middle school and high school setting in one of the following five subjects: English, Mathematics, Social Science, Science (Biology, Chemistry, Geoscience, Physics, and Foundational Science), and World Languages (Spanish).
- Tuition approximately $18,120. Scholarships and financial aid available
- Full-time program beginning in the summer
- Field and practicum experiences completed at assigned school sites with partnering school districts during the day
- Late afternoon and evening classes on the UCR campus
- Baccalaureate degree from an accredited institution
- A minimum 3.0 GPA based on the last 90 quarter units in the baccalaureate program
- Passage of Basic Skills and Subject Matter requirements
- Three letters of recommendation
- Official degree posted transcripts